College of Winterhold Overhaul
Truly become a student to master the arcane arts. Overhauls every aspect of the College of Winterhold (aka Mages Guild Questline). Quests, meshes, textures, items, NPCs, architecture, visuals, bug fixes, logical options, etc. Should be severely incompatible with any mods outside this collection that aims to change the College up in Skyrim's old capital. SKSE is not strictly needed.
- Last updated
- 1 day ago
- Jul 20, 2022
This collection focuses on the improvement of the bad concept of the College of Winterhold made in the vanilla game, now everything is less rushed and you need to truly become a student.
Jay Serpas' College of Winterhold - Quest Expansion + At your own pace - AYOP + College Days + Improved Entry for quest overhauls (it needs USSEP). I am not 100% sure between the compatibility between AYOP and College Days, but is patched in xEdit.
Ultimate College of Winterhold - An Immersive COW + Obscure's COW, it adds new rooms and completely overhauls the ambiance and visuals and architecture of the College, where the new textures are MRF's White and Gold Winterhold College.
NPCs are based upon Northbourne NPCs of Winterhold, which alters the appearance of every NPC in Winterhold, so, if you face any Black Face bug or something related to NPCs you have to patch yourself, I suggest using EasyNPC.
❗ Any problems, please let me know in the forum, thank you.
- Skyrim Special Edition (Downgraded or Anniversary Edition version)
Try to mark light every plugin possible, in Vortex's plugin tab.
⚠ Compatibility ⚠
- Compatible with every Magic Overhaul or Addon since it does not touch the College.
- Highly likely to be incompatible with any mod that aims to change/edit College's rooms, quests or NPCs.
I didn't play through all the quests of the College, so this is like a beta release, I tested the beginning, and some of jay's quest expansion quests, and everything worked, and everything was patched in xEdit, but I am not 100% sure that every quest is 100% bug-free, sorry, because this demands lots and lots of time, so I expect some help/feedback from the community regarding stability and bugs. So download the collection "at your own peril".
I highly suggest magic overhauls such as Odin and Mysticism, and spell learning/discovery/research/crafting mods such as Spell Research or Dino's Spell Discovery, and the amazing Immersive Spell Learning DESTfied, or Spell tutor or Spell tome studies as well, so you don't just eat the bloody books.
- SKSE and Behaviours Essentials (For 1.6.353 Game Version)
- (SE) SKSE and Behaviours Essentials (For 1.5.97 Game Version)
- Bug Fixes & Optimization (Non-SKSE) (Version Independent)
- Dragonborn DLC Overhaul (Version Independent)
- Dawnguard DLC Overhaul (Version Independent)
- College of Winterhold Overhaul (Version Independent)
Gameplay, Immersion and Animations:
- (SE) Animations Reworked (For 1.5.97 Game Version)
- (AE) Animations Reworked (For 1.6.353 Game Version)
Graphics, Models, and/or Visuals:
- Architecture Models Redone 2K (For 1.6.353 Game Version)
- (SE) Architecture Models Redone 2K (For 1.5.97 Game Version)
- Objects & Effects Replacers 2K-1K (Version Independent)
- Creature Models Redone - 2K Version Independent)
- Statues and Shrines with Wintersun (Version Independent)
UI, Interface, and Quality of Life:
- (SE) Mixed Interface and QOL (Special Edition, 1.5.97 Game Version Only!)
- New Followers Pack I (Version Independent)