Anniversary Enhanced Edition
Alternate Start & ELFX with JK's Skyrim/Interiors with more areas to explore, quests to do, creatures to come across out in the wild, followers to accompany you and a few new player homes. Not the best Collection, but it works for me. SteamDeck Guide soon
This collection was put together because I wanted a definitive way to play Skyrim AE with mods that overhauled the graphics and added a lot more to do in the world and to have new experiences.
Please read the Before You Start section below
- Achievements Mod Enabler is installed so you can still obtain achievements through Steam
- Noble Skyrim 2k Textures
- Enhanced Lighting and FX (ELFX)
- ELFX Exteriors
- ELFX Weathers
- Static Mesh Improvement Mod (SMIM)
- High Poly Project
- Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes
- A Quality World Map -- Shows all roads and no fog
- Book Covers Skyrim
- Depths of Skyrim -- Overhauls the underwater environment and adds content to the sea of Ghosts
- Glorious Doors of Skyrim
- Improved Closefaced Helmets -- Opens eye sockets on vanilla closefaced helmets
Quality of Life
- QuickLootRE -- Quickly loot containers/bodies like you can in fallout 4
- Rich Skyrim Merchants
- Remove QuickSave Button
- bQuickSave -- Configurable amount of hotkeyd hardsaves, once amount is hit, overwrites the oldest save
- Unread Books Glow
- Convenient Horses
- Experience Multipliers -- Configurable in MCM, modify how fast or slow your skills improve for each skill
- Jewelry Limiter -- Allows you to equip multiple rings and amulets, configurable in MCM
- Lock Related Loot -- Containers have loot according to its type and its lock difficulty
- NPC's Don't Follow You Through Doors While Talking
- Better MessageBox Controls
- Better Dialogue Controls
- Amazing Follower Tweaks (AFT)
- Relationship Dialogue Overhaul (RDO)
- My Home is Your Home (MHiYH) --
- SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators -- Give new artificial intelligence to animals for more realistic behavior
- Organized Bandits in Skyrim (OBIS) -- Visually overhauls bandits and their loot
- Alternate Start - Live Another Life
- Legacy of the Dragonborn (LOTD)
- Saints and Seducers Extended Cut
- Beyond Skyrim - Bruma
- Midwood Isle
- Immersive Encounters -- Adds roughly 100 new random events and new quests to diversify your exploration in Skyrim
- The Scarlett - A Buildable Ship
- Blackthorn - A Buildable Town
- Heartwood Castle
- Oldhollow Chalet
- Sky Haven Temple - Interior Overhaul and Player Home
- JK's Skyrim
- JK's Interiors
- Forgotten Magic Redone
- Phenderix Magic Evolved
- Summermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim
- Tamrielic Distribution -- All-encompassing integration and distribution mod
- Immersive Armors
- Immersive Weapons
- Bandolier Bags and Pouches -- For increasing carry weight even more
- Wearable Lanterns -- Which takes up the back right slot on your character to give you light, configurable with its spell
- Ordinator -- Gives a lot more places to spend your perk points
- Perk Points and More Gold for Bounty Quests
- True Directional Movement -- Give you a better third-person gameplay experience, I installed it because of horses
- Point The Way -- Adds signs on roads to find your way around easier if you want to walk.
- More Growable Plants -- Able to grow more plants such as Jarrin Root
- Lore-Based Loading Screens
- Sovngarde - A Nordic Front Bold
- Fate Card Packs -- Another way to keep collecting those Fate Cards from Legacy of the Dragonborn! Just buy Fate Card Packs from shops
Lots of Bug Fixes and Patches
Before you start - READ PLEASE!!!
bQuickSave will need some setup before you can start using it, follow the guide on this mods page!
Organized Bandits in Skyrim (OBIS) will need to be enabled from the Mod Configuration Menu(MCM) when you start up a new playthrough
Something about Amazing Follower Tweaks (AFT) and NOT having Sofia, Ingo, Lucien and Convenient Horses to do certain actions involving drawing a sword/shield through AFT, not sure what it was at the moment.
The road leading south west from Riften, you will come across Heartwood Castle and further down the road is Blackthorn, in between these two modded areas is a slight gap in height difference in the terrain that lets you see beneath the world, however, from what I've heard, the two mods still work together if in the right load order, which I think I have right.
A few lighting glitches do occur, such as in Morthal, some grass that has snow on it doesn't react to lights, such as a torch, but does change lighting of the grass depending on the time of day or weather. There are also some meshes and terrain that flickers in very specific areas, mostly seems to be a problem at night or in the dark or some interiors, but I literally can't find a way to fix it. I at least know it doesn't seem to be from ELFX since I tested without ELFX or its patches. I'm still not sure what causes them, that is why there are sooo many patches and bug fixes installed.
If you know how to fix these flickering lighting glitches, PLEASE let me know!
- Sofia Follower Mod (Loose) should install automatically without 1 file in particular which was conflicting with SkyUI
As far as I'm aware, the following mods I had trouble with and recommend against installing them unless you know how to get them working.
- Immersive Citizens
- Immersive Horses
- Vivid Weathers
If you are playing on Linux like I am, you can setup SteamTinkerLauncher system wide to setup Vortex within its own proton prefix to work with Skyrim SE/AE. There are guides around for how to set it up.
If the game doesn't load the mods correctly
- You may have to go to the main menu and go to the "Mods" section to enable all of them, for whatever reason, I had to do this every time I added a new mod, and once I did that, if I tried to load a new game or a saved game, it would crash, but it would load fine the second time around and still have ALL the mods you enabled from before.
Again, there are some lighting glitches as mentioned in the Before You Start section.
I may continue to update and change this collection around as needed.
I may also try to install this onto my Steam Deck and write a guide for it if possible, still learning how SteamTinkerLauncher works to get Vortex running correctly on the SteamDeck.