Calvin's Gameplay Overhaul
Gameplay mods to add more content and creates a little more immersion while still keeping it fun.
- Last updated
- 3 days ago
- Nov 26, 2021
THE LARGEST COLLECTION OF GAMEPLAY MODS YET!!!
Welcome to Calvin's Gameplay Overhaul. This is an attempt at mostly quality of life improvements. My goal with this collection was to strike a balance between enjoyment and immersion. Sometimes, immersion goes so far that it makes the game unenjoyable in my opinion. My hope is to keep this game fresh while still being lore-friendly and honors the original intent of the developer.
⠀ It is recommended this be installed from a clean install of Skyrim, and is NOT guaranteed to work with other mods that may impact gameplay features, such as combat, skills, and npc enhancements. ⠀
⠀ Also this should not affect any graphical mods you may have installed, but be aware, there are some mesh fixes included in this collection, and a few other mods that may include graphical updates & fixes, such as WACCF. Please be aware if mixing this collection with a graphical collection. ⠀
⠀ MUST HAVE THE PAID UPGRADE OF SKYRIM ANNIVERSARY EDITION INSTALLED OR THIS WILL NOT WORK ⠀ ⠀
⠀ I wanted to strike a balance between the hardcore attempts at duplicating the Witcher 3 and Dark Souls experience and a very casual combat experience. While both those games are enjoyable in their own right, I have found their modding attempts for Skyrim to be difficult at best and frustrating at worst. However, there is definitely room for some improvement to the base combat system, so you will find some tweaks here and there, and there is certainly room for more. Here is the current list of mods in the collection: ⠀
- Arrows and Bolts Tweaks SE: Improves the archery system to give it a more responsive feel and give more of a reason to use different arrows.
- Archery Gameplay Overhaul: Further tweaks to the archery system to give it a more immersive feel
- Mortal Enemies SE: Limits the movement on NPCS during combat so they don't have an autoaim like ability to just turn on a dime.
- Sneak Tools: Provides a more engaging and immersive sneaking experience.
Anyone who is a student of war or history knows that any Civil War tends to be a very bloody experience. The Civil War was probably the most underwhelming experience in the base game, with very little in terms of consequence or how it played out in the game. Except for the storyline, you never really saw the war played out during the game, and the only consequence from it was essentially who was Jarl of Whiterun and whether General Tullius lived. Outside of that, you never saw the consequences or experience the war being played out during the game.
⠀ That being said, I have added tons of additional Civil War content that overhauls the system to really make the war come alive for the player, such as random skirmishes and border checks, to actual consequences of the war, depending on which side was victorious.
These are some pretty basic, but handy mods that improve the UI ⠀
- SkyUI: Duh! This is practically a necessity nowdays
- A Quality World Map: improves the look of the map
- Barenziah Quest Markers: Helps improve the enjoyment of the quest No Stone Unturned. I just find this quest absolutely unbearable to complete, because you pretty much have to explore literally the entire map to finish it.
- Termor's Notification Mod & Notification Log SSE: Helps keep the notification system uncluttered. Helpful when doing a lot of crafting
- Unread Books Glow: To help you better keep track of what books you've already read.
- Even Better Quest Objectives
- The Choice Is Yours: Now you have the option of rejecting quests, rather than them being automatically included in your list.
⠀ The only mods are some general mesh fixes and landscape fixes currently, such as SMIM. I want this mod to be able to be enjoyed no matter what kind of system you are on. The only non-fix graphical change included currently is the Book Covers mod
⠀ I have added tons of additional quests and content to help expand the world of Skyrim beyond it's borders
- Beyond Skyrim
- Forgotten City
- Beyond Reach
- Paarthurnax Quest Expansion
- Missives & Notice Board
- Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild , Boethia & Namira for Good Guys
- Cutting Room Floor
- Death Consumes All
- Helgen Reborn
- Legacy of the Dragonborn
- Moon and Star
- Moonpath to Elsweyr
- Project AHO
⠀ The world of Skyrim is not a very active place, and tends to be very repetitive, so I have added some mods to make it more engaging and give more variety ⠀
- Interesting NPCs
- Wild World
- Realistic Conquering: Now you finally get to see the results of all your exploring as you clear out dungeons and towers of hostile forces and see how that affects the world at large.
- OBIS SE
- Immersive College of Winterhold
- Open World Loot & Arena: Provides more interesting and varied rewards throughout the world.
- Realistic Dialogue Overhaul
- Real Estate: Now you can purchase virtually any building in the game. A similar system to what you would find in the Fable games
- Opulent Thieves Guild: Finally, see the Thieves Guild actually grow throughout it's quest line
Perks & Skills
- Perkup Restored: Overhauls the Leveling system to make it more rewarding and not just a bunch of meaningless & repetitive perks
- Apocalypse & Odin: Adds tons of new spells
- Skill Uncapper: Level up to your heart's content with no limitations.
- Thunderchild: Want to have a shout-centric character? This brings a lot of versatility a rather underused feature of Skyrim
- Crafting, Enchanting, & Alchemy Overhauls
Quality of Life
⠀ There are a few smaller mods & patches that just help improve the overall quality of life, such as FPS performance and engine fixes. The largest one is the USSEP, which is pretty much a necessity anymore. Live Another Life & New Beginnings are included for those that don't want the Vanilla start and just want to jump right in.
⠀ Thank you so much for giving this collection a try. I am very much open to suggestions and if there is any mod out there that you would like to see as part of this collection that doesn't brings something additional to the game, please feel free to let me know in the comments. If you enjoy this collection, please endorse it and let me know if it works or not by clicking the appropriate arrows.
Also, please, if you are enjoying this collection, show your love to the mod authors by endorsing their mod. They are the real workhorses out there. I am only a curator trying to make their mods more accessible by making it easier for you to download them. None of this would be possible without their hard work and support!!!
⠀ I hope to add more things as more mods become compatible with the Anniversary Edition. This is specially true of mods that rely on Net Script Framework.
The percentage of users saying this revision is working as expected.