Lore friendly fixes, QoL and tweaks
- Last updated
- 3 weeks ago
- Sep 02, 2022
I try to make a somewhat short but comprehensive, compatible list of fully working, bug free, lore friendly fixes, improvements and QoL tweaks and enhancements.
Basically any mod that makes us think "why wasn't this part of the game all along?" is probably here.*
* - Realistic Combat Overhaul is part of this mod and provided the biggest rebalance and change from the original experience.
- No adult stuff - Night City is suggestive enough as it is (Only the gore mod is flagged as adult)
- "Plug and play" - as much as possible
- No custom additions that can break the immersion, turn the game into a joke or an adult movie. There are other collections for that
- Certified for version 1.52
- Certified for Ultrawide screens (21:9)
Before you start
- Make sure you set Vortex to hardlink deployment
- Go over requirements and known issues below. Any Mod feels like too much hassle? just disable or remove it :D
- I recommend installing on a mod free save.
- CET - Cyber Engine Teaks - I suggest downloading it yourself either manually or with Vortex. The mod's author says Vortex isn't supported anymore, but there is evidence to the contrary.
- Immersive First Person - Some players may experience issues with their character getting stuck when enabling "Smooth Transition From FreeLook" option. In this case, reload the latest save file and uncheck this option or increase the transition speed.
- Redscript - If you have problems not showing the online store icon and some other error - Use Red Script version 0.5.1.
- Better Netrunning - The tutorial simulation with T-Bug is broken by default. (the screen you need to hack will not be hackable). Either temporarily enable the setting "Always Allow Distract Enemies" during the tutorial in Native Settings UI or just skip the tutorial.
- Breach Takedown - Some T-posing may occur (will remove this mod if I notice it myself). Also to better fit the above mod, go to
\Breach Takedown-some-number\bin\x64\plugins\cyber_engine_tweaks\mods\Breach Takedown\init.luaand change the
BreachCountvalue to 0 (if it's already 0 then my Vortex theory works!)
- Healing System Rework E̶n̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶l̶o̶g̶u̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶c̶a̶v̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶m̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶e̶m̶s̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶i̶m̶p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶c̶a̶v̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶d̶.̶ (for now I will keep this disabled as RCO is also installed)
- Always First Equip - To change the hotkey:
- go to Cyberpunk 2077\r6\input folder
- open AlwaysFirstEquip.xml with any text editor
- find and replace IK_F2 with any other hotkey code Hotkeys reference list available here
- Limited HUD - This one has a lot of cool customization options! Watch Gopher's video and use this pastebin as reference. Native settings now included so no need to mess with the file.
- Realistic Combat overhaul - Is in beta and can make you OP.
- Vehicle Combat - Enable better netrunning compatibility in native settings.
- Phone Messages Overhaul - Only available for new game.
- Leg Cyberware Tweaks - Disabled all tweaks in native settings to only keep the takedown bug fix.
- Simple Flashlight - Choose a keybind in CET menu
Thanks to all of the great Cyberpunk modding community, even those who open bugs for the smallest stuff, those who comment that something doesn't work as intended and of course those who created these awesome mods!
I am not affiliated to any of them, just wanted to give a shout out :)